Saturday, September 22, 2012

Library Lines






Just a typical day of studying in the library on top of my busy schedule filled with school work and internship. Remembering that I needed to create a photo essay I began to brain storm ideas on who should I photograph. Unfortunately many people are camera shy and even my study partner refused to be a part of my project. Nonetheless, carrying the camera in my hand I decided to walk around the library hoping to find some inspiration. I began to take random snapshots of rows and columns of book shelves and quickly I noticed a pattern. An interesting pattern of lines and shapes of books and paper.

I am not a photographer but I was able to borrow my friend's Cannon 5D Mark 2 which took amazing photos. Honestly my point and shoot was just not giving me the same results. With a DSLR camera, you can adjust the point of focus and change the ISO at a higher range than a point and shoot. Also, just by walking around with a professional camera made me feel more creative and spontaneous. It was a good feeling.

 Being able to check out the photos in the small digital screen was extremely helpful because I was able to test out the lighting and review the photos at an instant. This convenience was really helpful because I was able to narrow down some photos as I was taking them which saved time while uploading the photos. In the end I decided to keep the photos I took that showcased the library in different patterns and shapes. Looking at the library at a different perspective, after all it is a place where students spent lots of time studying, filling their brains with information in hopes of remembering them for their test.

No comments:

Post a Comment